How Hot Is Las Vegas In July and August? (Revealed!)
Many people wonder if visiting Las Vegas during the hot months of July and August is a good idea or not. This is honestly one of my favorite times of the year in Vegas because it’s pool season!
So how hot does it actually get in Las Vegas during July and August?
You’ll encounter summer temperatures in Las Vegas from mid-June to about the middle of September. The months of July and August, however, are when things really heat up in Vegas, with average daily high temperatures between 104°F to 107°F (40°C to 41.6°C).
While this might not be the best time of the year for outdoor sightseeing, there is still plenty to do in Las Vegas when it’s hot.
In this article, I’ll tell you about the weather in Las Vegas in July and August and highlight some fun things to do when it’s scorching hot outside.
Table of Contents
- 1 Las Vegas Weather in July and August
- 2 Should You Visit Las Vegas During Summer?
- 3 Things to Do In Las Vegas When It’s Hot
- 4 Vegas in July & August FAQS
- 5 Is July the hottest month in Las Vegas?
- 6 How hot is Las Vegas in July at night?
- 7 Is August a good time to visit Las Vegas?
- 8 Is Las Vegas a dry heat or humid?
- 9 Should I pack a sweater in Las Vegas during the summer?
- 10 How Hot Is Las Vegas In July and August – Conclusion
Las Vegas Weather in July and August
Here is what the weather is generally like in Las Vegas in July and August.
How Hot is Las Vegas in July?
July is the warmest month of the year. Since the average high temperature in Las Vegas in July is 107°F (41.6°C) (source), it is advised to stay inside unless you’re lounging by one of Vegas’s amazing pools and to drink plenty of water.
While there could be a few sprinkles in Las Vegas in July, the weather is mostly clear, and rain is unlikely to interfere with any of your plans. The average rainfall during the month of July is just .35 inches.
How Hot is Las Vegas in August?
In the early part of August, afternoon average high temperatures typically range from 104 to 106 F (40 to 41°C), with a slight drop to 99 to 102 F (37 to 39°C) toward the end of the month. The average low temperature is 77.2 degrees Fahrenheit (25°C).
Some of the sweltering afternoons, particularly towards the end of July and the beginning of August, can get as hot as 110°F. (43°C) or more. August in Las Vegas offers plenty of sunshine with a low chance of rain even though August is considered monsoon season. Even during monsoon season, it’s unlikely that rain will disturb your Vegas plans.
Having said that, August is the wettest month in Las Vegas, with an average rainfall of .55 inches during the month.
Should You Visit Las Vegas During Summer?
Las Vegas is the epitome of a relaxing summer vacation. Even while some tourists and locals would say that vacationing in Las Vegas when it’s hot is to be avoided, millions of visitors still flock to Sin City in July and August. They enjoy the sunny days and bright clear skies.
As long as you are prepared and carefully choose your activities, Las Vegas is still a happening destination, even when it’s hot. In fact, Sin City is buzzing with great summer energy, which adds to the overall party atmosphere.
Visiting Las Vegas during July and August is also less expensive than many other months since the heat does keep some of the crowds away. These are both great months for many travelers to visit Las Vegas despite the heat. You can still enjoy everything Vegas is renowned for, including the lively nightlife, casinos, attractions, and pool parties.
Even though the weather in Las Vegas is hot, every casino and indoor attraction is heavily air-conditioned, and almost all hotels offer pools. Also, if you are thinking of celebrating the Fourth of July in Vegas, you can enjoy the beautiful firework display along the strip.
Things to Do In Las Vegas When It’s Hot
July and August are great times of year to visit Las Vegas as there are plenty of ways to keep cool in Vegas during the summer months. Here are a few ideas:
- Gondola Rides – Take a gondola ride down a romantic canal inside The Venetian Resort.
- M&M Store – Explore 4-levels (28,000 sq ft.) of colorful M&M Candies fun.
- Escape Rooms – Las Vegas is home to some of the best escape rooms you’ve ever seen.
- Water Parks – Water parks….yep…Vegas has got them. Visit one of the top water parks in Las Vegas.
- Bellagio Conservatory – Take a walk through an amazing indoor floral display at The Bellagio.
- Museums – Check out one of these 23 weird and wild Las Vegas museums.
- Art Galleries – Visit one of Las Vegas’s many art galleries.
- High Roller – Jump on one of the tallest observation wheels in the world for some amazing views!
- Movie Theater – Hit up one of the best movie theaters in Vegas for a cool show.
- Aquariums – For the middle of the desert, Las Vegas has an amazing collection of aquariums!
Seriously, these are just a few things to get you started. This list could go on and on…
Las Vegas Popular Pool Info
If chillin’ at a Las Vegas pool is your idea of a perfect summer day in paradise, here are links to some pool information you’ll want to know.
- Find out when the pools open in Las Vegas (daily and seasonally).
- Here are 31 things to know about Mandalay Bay Beach pool.
- Nine hotels in Las Vegas with the best rooftop pools.
- Find out why Las Vegas pools close so early, even during the summer.
- These are the best Las Vegas hotels with a waterslide.
- Discover 3 Vegas hotels with a lazy river.
- Here are a few things you’ll want to know about the Garden of the Gods pool at Caesars Palace.
July and August are the best months for pools in Las Vegas!
Vegas in July & August FAQS
Is July the hottest month in Las Vegas?
July is generally the hottest month in Las Vegas, with an average high temperature of 107°F (41.6°C). High temperatures towards the end of the month in July can regularly reach as high as 110°F (43.3°C) or more in Las Vegas.
How hot is Las Vegas in July at night?
The average low temperature at night in July in Las Vegas is 82°F (28°C). This temperature, however, won’t be reached until early morning. In July, Las Vegas can remain over 100°F (38°C) until after midnight.
Is August a good time to visit Las Vegas?
Despite the extremely hot weather, August in Las Vegas is still a popular time for visitors, especially families, as the kids are out of school. Las Vegas is a great travel destination year-round, even in August.
Is Las Vegas a dry heat or humid?
Generally, Las Vegas is a very dry heat with the relative humidity in the summer often around 10% or less. The only exception to this is during the summer monsoon season (typically in August), when even the slightest bit of rain can raise the relative humidity to 30, 40, or even 50% for short periods.
Should I pack a sweater in Las Vegas during the summer?
While Las Vegas is infamous for its summer heat, you should definitely pack a sweater or a light jacket during the warmer months. You’ll most likely need something slightly warmer to wear inside casinos, shows, and attractions where the air-conditioning runs full blast and can make it a little too cold.
How Hot Is Las Vegas In July and August – Conclusion
I’m not gonna lie, July and August in Las Vegas is hot! However, you can still enjoy a comfortable vacation as many of Las Vegas’s top attractions are located indoors.
If visiting Las Vegas in the summer, keep the weather in mind and make sure you have all the essentials for the trip. I hope this post has helped you decide whether Vegas in July or August is for you.