(This article may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. )
Welcome to the latest news, updates, and rumors happening in Las Vegas for May 2023. Vegas is a town that never stands still, and some of the news this month includes visitor stats for the first quarter of the year, new restaurant openings, construction updates, new resort proposals, A’s stadium funding requirements, and much more.
Press play on the video below to find out all the latest happenings in Las Vegas this month:
Get in on the excitement and compare the best Vegas hotel room deals now (TripAdvisor)
- 0:17 Visitor Statistics and average hotel prices (January – March 2023)
- 0:42 Awakening show at The Wynn closed (temporarily?)
- 1:23 Spring display open at Bellagio Conservatory
- 2:21 Laguna Pool House and Kitchen opens at Palms Casino Resort
- 2:99 MGM Resorts International Expansion
- 4:10 STRAT’s Parking Fee Fiasco (also see: 2023 Parking Fees at The STRAT)
- 6:39 UPDATE: The Mirage/Hard Rock (construction may hold off till 2025)
- 7:30 Proposal for a new resort on the west side of Las Vegas (680 ft tower!)
- 8:24 Las Vegas construction updates
- 8:56 Two local police officers rewarded
- 9:46 Transfix: A New attraction opens at Resorts World
- 10:18 Las Vegas A’s asking for $500M in public funds for stadium (also see: Oakland A’s are Moving to Vegas: New Chapter for the Team)
- 11:19 Raiders not happy with A’s
- 12:09 Asian restaurant updates
- 13:04 Las Vegas’s first hotel whose target market is gay visitors
- 13:44 Quick Vegas updates
- 14:55 Vegas RUMORS
In conclusion, Las Vegas continues to be a hotbed of activity in May 2023. While rumors and speculation continue to swirl around the city, one thing is for sure: Las Vegas remains one of the world’s most vibrant and dynamic destinations.
Whether you’re a seasoned visitor or a first-time tourist, there’s always something new and exciting to discover in Las Vegas.